Frequently Asked Questions
Check most frequently asked questions here, if you still need help then please contact us at email@example.com
Most items will be shipped within 2 business days. Items marked as "Online Item Only" may take up to 5 business days to ship. Items can be ordered online and picked up in store. A notification will be sent to customers when the order is ready.
If you need an item to be delivered by a certain date or have special requirements for packaging/shipping, please add a note to us on the order page.
We require customer accounts to complete an order for several reasons.
- You create your own username and password to keep your information private.
- By entering a valid email address and phone number, we are ale to contact you should any issues arise with your order.
- You are able to verify the correct shipping and billing address.
- We do not ship to addresses that are not the same as the billing address unless they have been verified by you in your account settings.
- By creating an account you can earn reward points for discounts on future orders.
After creating an account you will receive a notice to use your first $5.00 discount. If this is not used for your first order, your points will be saved for use later. Points are earned at 1 point per $1.00 in merchandise. You will receive an email with a coupon code after each 500 point increment.
On the checkout page there is a place to enter discount codes. You can either copy and paste from the email or type the code. Please note that the entire code must be entered, example $5offcoupon-1abcd2ef not just the numbers and letters after the hyphen.
Reward levels are coupons for either $5.00, $10.00 or $25.00 off your purchase. You may use more than one reward code for a purchase. They do not expire and add up with each purchase.
Shipping charges and sales tax, if applicable, do not earn points.
Please contact us is you have any questions.
Yes, we have a brick and mortor store which is open to the public during regular business hours. House of Trains is a family owned store which has been in business since 1936, currently operated by the 3rd generation. The store has been located at 8106 Maple Street in Omaha, Nebraska since 1954.